Sunday, November 29, 2009

My Brain is Turning to Mush: Fairy tale edition

So I'm reading Samantha some stories and I realize that I don't just let my brain wander to dark and dumb places with TV shows-it extends to her stories as well. Like:

Really, what difference does it make if the wolf convinced her to go off the path to collect wildflowers. That isn't what got her granny killed, it was TALKING TO A WOLF that did it. Never give strangers, wolfish or otherwise, your granny's address. So the whole moral to that story (listen to your mother!) is moot.

Why did the wolf go to all that trouble to trick her with the flower-collecting anyways? I think that as a self-respecting wolf he should have found out the info on Gram, eaten Little Red and then gone and chowed on Grandma.

But I do like the authenticity of the riding cap. Any mother of a preschooler knows that a little kid is going to find something they like and then not take it off for the next 398402984 days.


Rapunzel, Rapunzel-let down your long hair. I can't enjoy that story because all I am thinking about are the years and years of intense psycho-therapy Rapunzel is going to need because of the witch. I hate to say it-but do you think something was wrong with the prince? Rapunzel had to be kind of backwards after all those years in the tower, right? I wonder if their relationship ends up being self-destructive and co-dependent.

And how 'bout the Three Little Pigs. I personally think it's just one big indictment of the housing industry bursting it's bubble. Wolf=foreclosure. Enough said.


3 comments:

Amie said...

hee hee!

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Hahaha! I do the same thing sometimes!!

byuhotmama said...

OK Em, you've outdone yourself on this one. I loved this! I see that craziness really IS hereditary. Er, um, did I say that? I meant, you get it from YOUR KIDS!!! Loved this. Oh and by the way, your music on here sounds w-a-y too much like a ward choir. ha ha