Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolution Recap

I had a nice Christmas day-fabulous actually! And I have pictures I want to share and stories I want to tell...but I'm in CA with my family. No access to my pictures (that's what happens when you get good at putting them on your computer :)). So, even though it might make my head explode, I'm going to do things out of order and reserve the right to go back and update on Christmas later.

RESOLUTION TIME!!!

1. Actually thinking about resolutions at the end of the year rather than just at the beginning: Check-so that's something-first time for that for me. And I like the website joesgoals.com. It's simple but effective.

2. Train for/run a 5K: Check

3. Exercise for 30 minutes a day: Okay, so I did Wii Fit, 30 Day Shred, and the 5K thing (and even went to the stake aerobics...twice)-but alas, I gave this one up in August. I don't think that was the last time I exercised but it was the last time I tracked it and let's be honest, if I was doing it then I would have written it down

4. Write in my journal daily: Um....does blogging count? Probably not. I didn't totally fail on this one but it's the closest I came. I did it in short fits and spurts. ldsjournal.com was my friend for a while but not often enough. Does anyone have recommendations for improvement in this one?

5. Food Storage: My goal was a hearty, well fleshed-out 3 month supply. I certainly worked on it and not a week went by when I didn't buff it up a bit (sometimes a very small bit). AND I got my first 2 of 5 needed 55-gallon drums but I am a long ways from feeling secure on this one.

6. Be a better friend to my sister Erin: This, this, this and this certainly helped. Us both being mom's helped. Me trying my darnedest to not be bossy or excessively opinionated did the most good (even though if that was a goal all on it's own I wouldn't be owning up to it). This isn't really a pass/fail resolution but I feel good about it.

7. Finish reading all the Newbery award-winning books: I started this (for the 2nd time) in 2008!! (July) And I STILL haven't finished. But I'm only like 6 away so almost....

8. Catch up on my scrap-booking by doing 7 pages a week: In my mind this would work-I don't take pictures every day so by doing the equivalent of a page a day then I would eventually catch up. I think in theory it would work. I don't know about in practice because I only did this occasionally (and it was a mid-year resolution addendum, not a New Years) so I'm basically as far behind as I've always been. A year and a half backlog means that Eliza doesn't even enter in the scrapbook register...sad

So this list makes me a little depressed BUT I will try to look on the bright side and say that I'm a little bit...not a lot...but a little bit better than I was at the beginning of 2009. Good on me. Maybe I should do a la Wally Whipple and make at least one more d0-able resolution:

In 2010 I will eat more Mexican food: done

3 comments:

Mindee said...

Love it! At least you have your other two kids on the scrapbooking radar :) I never even finished our wedding/honeymoon... I do, however, have ALL of the binders, page protectors, paper & supplies to do it. Does that count for anything?? Who knows? Good luck with your resolutions Emily!

Krystal said...

I like your resolutions, and I think you did pretty darn good. About scrapbooking...you can always just do what I did and completely give that up. I've been working on photobooks instead and I love them.

Rhino said...

Good job! I think you can feel good about those even though they may not have been all you wanted.

Thanks for linking to joesgoals, I've started using it.

One year my mom offered me and Linda $100 each if we read the Newbery's during the summer! She extended it to a calendar year after getting an idea of the magnitude of the task. Linda finished, I did not.