Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Eclectic Collection of My Funny Kids

I just wanted to share a couple of the mundane but nevertheless amusing things in our lives right now. My kids certainly have the ability to drive me nuts but I don't think anything compares to how funny they are and how many weird things end up happening when kids get involved.


My kids sucking applesauce through a straw. According to Dr. Google it's supposed to help Tommy with his age-inappropriate, sort of gross, never-ending drool problem (strengthens the "not drooling" muscles). I think that's a big 'ol line but it made for some good times.

Yeah, Tommy in the walker. He climbs in the swing too-what am I supposed to do about it?

I walked in after Mutual to check on her and she was wearing her birthday crown from several weeks ago. What a goofball :).

Finally, this video is funny for three reasons:
1. This is like my billionth attempt to capture Eliza clapping on camera. She will not do it. She becomes mesmerized by the camera
2. Tommy with his "cheese" and the special drool down his face.
3. The ending-it's not so much "funny" as "tragically sad" but some variation happens only like 50 times a day around here and if I don't laugh, I'll cry!


9 comments:

Delee said...

Poor Eliza! I'd say it's the down side to having a Big Brother but around here Jaxson seems to get hurt more by his little sister.... Your kids are so cute. Except for the drool thing... kinda gross. You must do a lot of laundry! I hope the straw thing works! :)

Love, The Riemans said...

Tried calling you just because of this blog!! But I'll leave you a comment anyways...I'm continuously surprised at how similar our kids always have been. Seriously, Brady is two and hasn't stopped drooling since he was 2 mo's old, and we now have to always say "swallow your spit brady," and he'll do it, but otherwise he's drooling. And poor Trace gets bonked, kicked, smacked, squished (like you said) about 50 times a day! (Yesterday Brady gave Trace his first ever bloody nose). I love hearing your stories--it makes me feel better. We're going to try that applesause trick.

Tiffani Mills said...

I have never heard the straw/applesauce thing- let us know if it works! And poor Eliza! It still looked like an accident. Daxton is getting more rough with Danika all the time- pushing her over for no reason. I feel for you- good idea just laugh so you dont cry.

byuhotmama said...

Oh my poor little Eliza, let Grandma Marti come and rescue you from big brother Tommy! (I do love Tommy too, trust me), but I want to hold my little Eliza! It's so fun to see her sitting up.
Love, Gr. M.

Laura said...

We have movie of my little sister trying to smile but she too is mesmerized by the camera; the red "recording" light is just too interesting.
Josh ends up pushing/running into/crawling over Maia many times a day. Whenever it happens, I try to remind myself that "he's just a boy" and "he'll grow out of it" and "it makes Maia stronger." I'll have to remember to laugh as well.
AND - my brother slobbered/drooled until he was twelve. There was even once where we could see a circle of slobber on the pavement after he did a "spin move" during a basketball game with our family. Fun times!

Heidi said...

My cousin had the same drool problem. I remember he wore giant napkin bibs for a long time and we always had to remind him to swallow. I hope that applesauce thing works. Poor Eliza!

Maria said...

Matthew drools, too. Did the applesauce work?

Usandthings said...

I have a nephew who is a drooler. He's like 5 or 6 now and has to carry a handkerchief to wipe his drool. And, I'm so glad I have girls. I weep for the day I have a boy.

Krista said...

You kids are cute. They are normal and happy and healthy, good job, mom!!!