It's my mom's birthday today! She's turning 29 again. In my memory, that's all she's ever turned, but we won't worry about it. Let's list 10 things I love about my mom (in no particular order and no promises that they are the "top" things I love).10. She is absolutely the greatest Grandma ever-very laid back, great at the spoiling thing, and she was nice enough to have a built in friend for Samantha.
9. She always tried to teach by example, she didn't bother telling us to do things when she wasn't trying her hardest to live by the same principles.
8. She actually listens to the lyrics of songs, and starts ranting angrily about how they make no sense.
7. As a teenager she really,truly talked to me. Even if we didn't see eye-to-eye she always tried to see things from my perspective and take my ideas into account.
6. She sings like an angel...or sometimes a viking opera singer
5. She's just so funny
4. She helped me on over 3 billion school projects, homework assignments, ASB projects, and church assignments, usually while I freaked out at least once.
3. She has single-handedly furnished most of my cute clothing and home decor.
2. She lives the gospel and does what's right.
1. I'm secretly her favorite
9. She always tried to teach by example, she didn't bother telling us to do things when she wasn't trying her hardest to live by the same principles.
8. She actually listens to the lyrics of songs, and starts ranting angrily about how they make no sense.
7. As a teenager she really,truly talked to me. Even if we didn't see eye-to-eye she always tried to see things from my perspective and take my ideas into account.
6. She sings like an angel...or sometimes a viking opera singer
5. She's just so funny
4. She helped me on over 3 billion school projects, homework assignments, ASB projects, and church assignments, usually while I freaked out at least once.
3. She has single-handedly furnished most of my cute clothing and home decor.
2. She lives the gospel and does what's right.
1. I'm secretly her favorite
Happy Birthday Mom!


3 comments:
Happy birthday to your mom! I love you mom; she's fantastic. :) (And, I must say, I totally don't remember you freaking out about ANYTHING during school! ;) Yay for flashcards!)
Okay, I meant to mention this earlier but I LOVE your blog background.
Happy Birthday Aunt Martha! I have your b'day present ready to go but I'm a slacker and haven't made it to the post office yet. Sorry!
Em, I love the new look of the blog!
Post a Comment